Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Keep on Fighting

As you know from my last post I had a little bit of a relapse which brings A LOT of frustration but also reminds me of what is important and gets me back on track.

It has been about 4 weeks and I am doing better, not great like I was in the summer, but good.  I stepped back on a few less important things in my life and I took time off from the gym, more that I like, I feel my muscles shrinking and honestly I don't like that. I love to have muscle and some definition and I was really starting to build my legs.  It had been a long time since I was able to lift hard and because of the muscle growth my pants starting fitting tight in my legs.  NO I am not complaining about that...okay once in a while I would ask myself if my pants had always been this tight and question if it was fat or muscle- but since I don't get on the scale EVER (hallelujah that is a burden off my shoulders!) I don't know my weight, what I do know is my waist didn't get tighter just my legs, so I am good in the hood!  Now my pants are loose in the legs and I feel them more soft...AAAHHH I don't like that but for now I have to be okay with it- it just gives me something to work on when I get back to the gym.  Right?!

Back to working out...I have only intentionally exercised about 4 times in the last 4 weeks because every dang time I would work out I would be fatigued the rest of the day.  I remember those days when I first got sick so I allow myself to rest and take it easy without being too critical of the softness occurring in my body.   GULP.

I am eating well again, I will admit I got a little loose and ate more sugar than my body was use to, which doesn't help the situation...sometimes it is really challenging to eat so clean all the time but in order to feel good I have to eat good.   Really good.  I am proud of myself, I just completed a 2 day cleanse yesterday and boy does that help.  I haven't done a 2 day in a long time, only 1 day-er's and I needed that deep cleanse.  My body feels good, my mind feels good and I won't complain that I lost over an inch on my waist, it feels flat.  Cleanse days can be challenging but they are totally worth it.  Cleanse days also help me get back on track with my eating and since the sugar is cleaned out on day 1 of the 2 my cravings for sugar are gone.  Parasites LOVE sugar and it feeds them so more sugar in the body, more nasty parasites and the worse I feel.  I don't even know why I eat sugar anymore, actually I do it tastes so good, but every time I eat it I get a headache and feel my energy drained instantly.  I don't like feeling that way but it goes to show how addicting and damaging sugar is.

Speaking of addicting, I think I am addicted to sports.  I LOVE sports.  I LOVE coaching and LOVE being involved in or attending athletics.  Soccer is over and volleyball is almost over which will be good for my healing but not for my heart.  Yay for basketball.  Athletics are such a good thing to be involved in for anyone- it builds character, teaches team work, hard work and a lot of life skills.  That is why I love coaching, I want to help others be the best they can be and teach them important lessons they can learn and use for the rest of their lives.  Fall has been beautiful and I am not looking forward to winter.

Winter.  Oh boy.  Does the change of seasons and change in barometric pressure affect anyone else with Lyme or similar illness?  I would love to know how others feel.  My body seems to be a little off when the weather changes- I don't look forward to winter and the cold.  I like the sun and vitamin D.

Through the frustrations of having down times in my health I find that inner fight to get back to feeling great.  I am reminded to put things aside that aren't as important in the big picture, focus on what is important and really listen to my body.  I am making progress and I am going to keep fighting because my health is worth it!  Why does life have to be so challenging sometimes?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment